Click Here to access Halton Health Services Department of Family Medicine staff categories
Effective Anti-Stigma Program for Health Professionals
A Web-based Continuing Medical Education (CME) course that enhances abilities to recognize and combat stigma related to mental illness. Course runs until May 24, 2017. Click here to register.
Visit the Events Calendar for all upcoming CME opportunities.
- Stay informed by reading some of the key reports from the Ministry of Health about the current status of Health Care in Ontario:
- Office of the Auditor General of Ontario - Annual Report 2015 (CCACs Home Care)
- Office of the Auditor General of Ontario - Annual Report 2015 (LHINs)
- Office of the Auditor General of Ontario - Annual Report 2015 (Long Term Care)
- An Integrated Health Network Approach to Address Priority Populations in Family Practice in Ontario by the Ontario Medical Association
- Preparing for a Devolved, Population-Based Approach to Primary Care by Ontario College of Family Physicians
- An External Evaluation of the Family Health Team by the Conference Board of Canada
- An Integrated Health Network Approach to Address Priority Populations in Family Practice in Ontario
- Patient Care Groups: A new model of population based primary health care for Ontario by: David Price, Elizabeth Baker, Brian Golden and Rosemary Hannam
- Bringing Care Home:Report of the Expert Group on Home & Community Care
- Comparison of Primary Care Models in Ontario by Institute for Clinical Evaluative Services
- Quality in Primary Care: Setting a Foundation for monitoring and reporting in Ontario
Primary Care Advisors will meet Primary Care Providers in their office to keep them informed about new programs and initiatives. They can also support Primary Care with system navigation challenges.
Contact your Primary Care Advisor today!
|Region||Primary Care Advisor||
|Halton Hills & Milton||Kristen Raiskums|
|North West Mississauga||Shellie Diplock|
|East Mississauga||Jennifer Tran|
|South West Mississauga & South Etobicoke||Lindsay Fedchyshyn|
Canadian Physician Health Institute
The Canadian Physician Health Institute (CPHI) is a national program and a collaboration between the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), the Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF) and the Provincial and Territorial Medical Associations (PTMAs). The CPHI brings the national and coordinated approach aimed at integrating existing resources. The Institute works collaboratively with a wide range of national health organizations to:
- Promote physician and wellness
- Help partners connect, share information and build knowledge; and
- Increase our collective capacity to address issues associated with physician mental health in Canada
A central location for physician self-care resources, and a monthly mindfulness group and, eight week Mindfullness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for physicians only.
Retiring, looking for a locum or to expand your practice group, find resources here:
Kim Wilhelm, Health Force Ontario Regional Advisor
Tel: 647-267-4426 | Email: email@example.com
Thinking of Winding Down A Practice, learn how to with this OMA guide.
2016 Primary Care Clinic Day
2015 Primary Care Clinic Day