Primary Care Advisors will meet Primary Care Providers in their office to keep them informed about new programs and initiatives. They can also support Primary Care with system navigation challenges.
Contact your Primary Care Advisor today!
|Region||Primary Care Advisor||
|Halton Hills & Milton||Kristen Raiskums|
|North West Mississauga||Shellie Diplock|
|East Mississauga||Jennifer Tran|
|South West Mississauga & South Etobicoke||Judith Van-Veldhuysen|
1. Home and Community Care 101 - Overview of services that our Primary Care Providers refer to most frequently. For more information on all services provided, please visit our main site here: http://healthcareathome.ca/mh/en/Partners/Health-care-Providers/Physicians. All services, except Palliative Care Program and Palliative Care Nurse Practitioners, are accessible through our MHLHIN - Home and Community Care Referral Form
2. Nursing and Wound Care Services Overview - Overview of wound care and nursing services offered through Mississauga Halton LHIN Home and Community Care. We offer Total Contact Casting, which is considered the gold standard in treatment of diabetic foot ulcers
3. Palliative Care and Enhanced End-of-Life Care Services - Overview of supports available to patients in their last year and month of life, respectively. Patients with palliative care needs can also be referred to our Palliative Care Nurse Practitioners. Patients can be referred to all supports using our MH LHIN Palliative Services and NP Referral Form
4. Adult Day Programs - Overview of subsidized programs available to provide respite to carers
5. Respite Services - Overview of all funded in-home and community-based respite options available to support carers in our community
1. Chronic Care Overview: Overview of programs to support patients living with diabetes and other chronic conditions.
- Diabetes Education Programs Brochure: Overview of regional supports
- Foot Care Program: Overview of the Mississauga Halton Foot care Program, including eligibility criteria. Program accessible by referral to Diabetes Education Programs
- Mississauga Halton Diabetes Services Referral Form: Referral form for all diabetes supports, including the Foot Care Program
- Maximize you Health Self-Management Program: Overview of educational programs to support patients in more effectively managing their chronic conditions
2. Kidneywise Toolkit: Resources that provide guidance in the identification, detection and management of chronic kidney disease. In this link you will find a diagnostic algorithm and evidence summary
- Standardized Nephrology Referral Form: Provincial standardized referral form outlining appropriate clinical scenarios that may require providers to request consultation from a nephrologist, as well as the appropriate investigations that should accompany the referral
1. Hip and Knees Rapid Access Clinics (RAC): FAQ for the central intake pathway for patients 18 years of age or older with moderate to severe hip or knee arthritis
- Hip and Knees Rapid Access Clinics Referral Form: Standard referral form for program with specified diagnostic imaging views. Patients can select preferred location within our region or province, as well as preferred surgeon.
2. Low Back Pain Rapid Access Clinics (formerly ISAEC): FAQ for Central intake pathway for patients 18 years of age or older with sub-chronic low back pain. To register for the program, sign up here:http://www.isaec.org/isaec-registration.html
1. one-Link: Overview of one-Link, the single point of access for referrals to funded addiction and mental health programs, including mental health services at Halton Healthcare and Trillium Health Partners
- One-Link Program Overview and Key Messages
- One-Link Referral Form: Referral form for all youth and adult patients in Halton and adults 16 years of age and older in Peel (for youth 16 years and under in Peel refer to Wheretostart)
- One-Link Eating Disorder Form: Inquiries directed to the Eating Disorders program at Halton Healthcare please call 905-815-4432 x4900 and for the Eating Disorder Program at Trillium Health Partners-Credit Valley Hospital please call 905-813-4505.
2. Within 7 Days Handouts: Region-specific breakdown of mental health supports that patients can access more rapidly and without a referral from their primary care provider:
3. Bounceback: Overview of program, which provides videos and modules grounded in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) techniques under the guidance of telephone coaches
- Bounceback Primary Care Referral Form: Referral form for program. Patients can also visit the website for additional resources: https://bouncebackontario.ca/
4. Big White Wall: online anonymous supervised peer support that is available 24/7
5. Practical Clinics: Regional program for patients who are experiencing depression, anxiety symptoms or high stress grounded in CBT and Mindfulness techniques. Patients need to be referred through one-Link