We are calling one and all primary care physicians in Mississauga and Halton to be involved in establishing our first leadership team of the Mississauga Halton Primary Care Network (MH PCN)!
Have you ever wished that you had a stronger voice in health care? Do you want more local educational opportunities? Do you need more support? By joining the MH PCN community and applying to be one of our leaders, you can be a part of shaping how this organization will address the needs of primary care physicians across our region.
MH PCN Overview
The MH PCN is a not-for-profit organization led by primary care physicians for primary care physicians in the Mississauga Halton region. An interim leadership group of 15 primary care physicians have come together since December 2019 to support the development of the MH PCN as a formal organization with elected leadership that can be representative of the broader primary care physician community.
A Board of Directors – comprised of primary care physicians, representative of all payment models and geographies across Mississauga and Halton – has been selected as the most appropriate governance structure for the MH PCN. There will be one Board Chair and up to 14 Board Member positions.
- Descriptions of the leadership positions can be found here: Leadership Descriptions
- To apply, please complete the Leadership Application online form here: Leadership Application Form
- Applications will be accepted from Tuesday, February 25th at 9:00 AM to Monday, March 9th at 12:00 PM (noon)
- The inaugural MH PCN leadership election will take place between Tuesday, March 10th at 9:00 AM and Wednesday, March 25th at 5:00 PM
- All primary care physicians within the MH LHIN geographic boundary are eligible to apply for leadership positions, as well as vote in the first MH PCN election
If you have any questions or comments, please email: email@example.com
- Our goal is to build a strong physician community in primary care, to learn from and support each other in managing our clinics and providing the best care possible for our patients
- We strive to be your single source of information, keeping you up-to-date on matters relevant to you and your practice in a timely manner
- We aim to be inclusive and influential, as an independent regional voice for primary care physicians that advocates for the change we need in the new OHT environment and beyond
We are still early in our development, so come join the community and be a part of building the network with us – we look forward to hearing from you!
And please help us spread the word by sharing this opportunity broadly with your physician colleagues and networks. You can access a printable flyer here:
For more information on our journey so far, please see our meeting summaries accessible on the MH PCN website home page at: http://primarycarenetwork-mh.ca/