The enthusiasm and work continues for the Mississauga Halton Primary Care Network!
At the first Community Meeting for the renewed MH PCN on Tuesday, January 28th, 2020, Dr. Salesh Budhoo presented on behalf of the Interim Leaders the journey and work of the MH PCN to-date, and outlined the important decisions that remain to be made.
To access the full presentation, click on the following link:
The presentation highlighted the vision, mission, values and 3-year strategic priorities that were drafted November to January through the MH PCN meeting activities. The rest of the meeting focused on gaining feedback from the broader community on how to define the MH PCN membership and the leadership election process.
In keeping with the spirit of co-design, attendees at the meeting broke out into small groups to consider the following:
1. What could be the benefits of membership in the MH PCN?
2. What would I be willing to commit to as a member?
3. What would the roles and responsibilities be for each type of member?
4. How would we recruit members?
5. What could the MH PCN do for me that is different from the OMA, OCFP or the Ontario Health Team (OHT) Physician Advisory Groups?
All of the rich feedback will be synthesized and presented to the Interim Leaders at their next meeting on February 13th. At this meeting, the Interim Leaders will finalize the MH PCN membership criteria, governance structure, and leadership election process.
This will allow MH PCN leadership elections to take place mid-late March, in advance of the second Community Meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020, 6:30-9:00 PM. Stay tuned for more information on the leadership elections and how to be involved!
At the March 31 Community Meeting meeting, we will be announcing the elected MH PCN leaders and also be receiving final feedback from the broader Primary Care community on the MH PCN 3-year strategic plan and constitution. Come out and have your voice heard!
1. Mark your calendars! Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 from 6:30pm to 9:00pm will be the next MH PCN Community Meeting and we want to see you there! Confirm your attendance through Eventbrite at this link.
2. It’s never too late to be involved with the PCN! Please answer this quick survey to let us know how you want to be involved (as a leader / advisor, or simply engaged / informed).
3. Feel free to reach out to Bonnie Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns. (The Mississauga Halton LHIN is providing interim administrative support to the MH PCN.)
Hope to see you at our next meeting!